Tesla’s referral program got a midnight update today, just after the scheduled end of the previous round, which was due to end yesterday but has been extended three months. Buyers who use an owner’s Tesla referral code on a new Model S or X will receive unlimited supercharging, and owners who refer a new buyer will get various awards based on the number of referrals they get, capping out at 5. The program now runs through April 30th.
Tesla Solar is still included in the program as well. New buyers get an additional 5-year warranty on a Tesla Solar installation and referrers receive $400 cash or $750 in Tesla credit for the first four referrals, and a Founders Series Powerwall 2 for the fifth Solar referral.
The one new prize in this phase of the program is a chance to drive a Tesla Semi. This one has a lower barrier to entry – anyone who signs up for the Tesla newsletter through an owner’s code enters that owner and themselves into a weekly raffle giving both a chance to drive a Tesla Semi in a “race” around Tesla’s test track. There will even be additional prizes for the driver with the best track time.
It looks like awards carry over from the previous version of the program – if you’ve already referred 5 people, then you’re not eligible for any new awards. But if you had only managed to get 3 and have your eyes on a Powerwall 2, you’ve got a few months more to get that fourth referral.
But beyond this extension, two things have been added: one, the Tesla Semi raffle mentioned above, which is also now the fourth “secret level” allowing owners with 20 referrals an automatic opportunity to race the Tesla Semi. And two, the first friend each owner refers between now and April 30th also gets $500 in “Tesla credit” which can be used for Tesla gear and services.
The other awards are unchanged, getting better with increasing numbers of referrals and culminating in an invite to a Tesla event, such as the Tesla Semi reveal. Here’s the full list of awards for the program:
1 to 2 Qualifying Referrals: Owners can choose either of the options below for each of their first and second referrals.
- Signature Black Wall Connector This matte black Wall Connector is exclusive to the Referral Program and includes an etch of Elon’s signature. This award will start shipping in March.
- Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kids Share the Tesla experience with your kids, with this miniature drivable electric Model S – including working headlights, a sound system, and a charge port, just like yours.
3 Qualifying Referrals: Owners can choose either of the options below for their third referral.
- 21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S or 22” Forged Turbine Wheels for Model X Enhance the performance of your Tesla with these exclusive forged-aluminum wheels.
- One Week with Model S or Model X Experience a new Model S or Model X for one week—at home or on the road. If you do not use this award, this exclusive test drive may be given to a friend.
4 Qualifying Referrals:
- Founders Series Powerwall 2 Store energy for future use and provide backup power with this red, limited-production Powerwall 2 home battery. This edition is not available to the public and will become available for installation starting Fall 2017.
5 Qualifying Referrals:
- Tesla Unveiling Invitation – Experience our next official unveiling event. Owners who reach five referral orders will be invited to our next unveiling event. Your VIP invitation will be valid for you and one guest.
- Early Access Token for Solar Roof – Be one of the first to get Solar Roof with this early-access token for priority scheduling of a Solar Roof installation. If you do not use this award, the token may be given to a friend.Tesla’s referral program – CLICK HERE!